Faculty of medicine
- The college was also a pioneer in the field of modernization that it started with the beginning of the college. The college was also a pioneer in establishing the Department of Family Medicine for the first time in Egypt in 1980 and the Clinical Skills Laboratory in 1981, which remained the only one of its kind in Egypt for a long time, in which students are trained on colleagues or on models Dedicated for the purpose of training instead of training on patients. No student is allowed to examine a patient unless he has successfully passed a test for this examination in the Clinical Skills Laboratory.
- The college also established the Medical Education Development Center in 1986, which was announced as a collaborating center with the World Health Organization in 1988 (the only center in Egypt cooperating with the World Health Organization in the field of medical education) and was reappointed many times, the last of which was the period from 2005-2009 It plays a leading role in Egypt and the Middle East.
- The College established in 1988 the Clinical Epidemiology Unit, which aims to develop scientific research, which includes a number of elite faculty members in the field of scientific research and related medicine.
- In 1993, the University Hospital was established with a capacity of 427 beds, in addition to 146 beds for specialized surgeries and organ transplants. The hospital contains 19 operating rooms, and about 6000 operations are performed annually during the past five years.
- In 2001, the Medical Education Department was established to prepare cadres in the field of medical education. It is considered the first medical education department in all medical colleges in Egypt.
- In 2003, the first critical care medicine department was established.
- In 2010, the Faculty of Medicine at Suez Canal University obtained an accreditation certificate from the National Authority for Quality Assurance of Education and Accreditation, as the first faculty at the level of Egyptian universities.
- The accreditation was renewed in 2015.
vision and mission
The Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University is a leading medical education institution in Egypt and its international environment, known for its distinguished programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and among the most attractive colleges for students in other countries, and among the leading colleges in distinguished scientific research that contributes to the development of society according to national priorities.
The Faculty of Medicine at Suez Canal University aims to prepare qualified doctors with self-learning skills and scientific research who are able to meet the health needs of the individual and society at the national and international levels. The college, with the community parties, contributes to providing high-quality health care, at an appropriate economic cost at all levels.